Background

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My favorite poster artist

I will tell you about Raymond Savignac who is the one of the most famouse poster artists in the world.
Raymond Savignac, often just called "Savignac", was a French graphic artist and became famouse with his commercial posters. He was born in 1907 in Paris. He started designing posters under the direction of Cassandre, but he didn't succeed for long time. His success started with the advertising of the soap for Monsavon in 1949 at that time he was 41 years old. This advertisement which featured the udders of a cow directly supplying the "milk soap" with milk.
After that, he made many commercial posters and he became the most famous poster artist in the world. He made his commercial posters with his unique point, and he always drew cute characters for his clients. I think his posters are distinguished by a humorous simplicity so we can know what the advertising poster represent about. I like his point of view and his drawing touch.
He died in 2002, aged 94. He made many posters in his life, so we can see and buy his posters. A permanent display of his work may be found at the Montebello Museum in Trouville Normandy, where he spent his last years. If you go to Trouville, you will be able to see many his posters.

5 comments:

  1. Your presentation is very good! Because you did not look at anything,so your eye contact was very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was very good presentation! I was watching it well. And the artist is very interesting. I wanna looking for other poster he made. Later, Would you tell me about him more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could understand about this artist easily with your presentation! I didn't know about this person but I like this poster :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors. My life would be fun if I have one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. His graphics are very cute and distinguishing!! I hope I could write as him but I was bad at art. My score of art in my junior was D (in Japan, 2 of 5)...

    ReplyDelete