Background

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My homework ^_^

Grammar 4-1: Modal Verbs of Obligation and Advice #1

Complete the following sentences with the correct form of have to or must. Be careful of Present or Past meanings.


1. When I was a child, I had to clean my house with my father every Friday afternoon.

2. I really don't understand this chapter. I have to study it.

3. She has to go home because her parents just called.

4. I must take these pills when I get a headache because of the pain.

5. If you love me, you must quit smoking

6. Last night, I had to get a different bus because it was late.

7. My dryer broke so I had to buy a new one yesterday.

8. I'm gaining weight. I really must use the treadmill more often if I want to look better.

9. Do astronauts have to eat strange food in Space?

10. Did you have to read many novels for class when you were in university?

11. I really feel that if you want to do better, you must study more.

12. The dentist was angry and said, "You must brush your teeth more often."
Grammar 4-1: Modal Verbs of Obligation and Advice #2

Complete the following sentences with the correct form of have to or must in the negative. Be careful of Present and Past meanings.


1. In this museum, you mustn't touch any of the paintings.

2. Feel free to read the article over the weekend - it's your choice. You don't have to read it.

3. When you were younger, didn't you have to study a lot?

4. You mustn't drink alcohol with these pills.

5. That magazine is free because it has so many ads. You don't have to pay for it.

6. Didn't the celebrity have to make a reservation for the restaurant last night?

7. People mustn't use the highway if a hurricane is coming.

8. You mustn't go outside during a typhoon.

9. My first writing was perfect with zero mistakes. I don't have to edit it.

10. My landlord said, "You mustn't smoke inside the apartment."

11. I know his phone number. You don't have to look for it.

12. She can go to bed late because she doesn't have to go to school tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment