Background

Thursday, July 7, 2011

my homework (dode0

Grammar 2-3: State or Dynamic Verbs #1

Complete the following sentences with either Present Simple or Present Continuous:


1. She (have) a bath every evening.

She has a bath every evening.
= Dynamic, Present Simple


2. My husband (always / taste) the food while I’m cooking! It’s very annoying.

My husband is always tasting the food while I'm cooking! It's very annoying.
= Dynamic


3.
A: Where’s Luke?
B: He (see) the landlord now.

He's seeing the landlord now.
= visiting
= Dynamic


4. I (not / think) the stove is working.

I don't think the stove is working


5. He (have) a party on the weekend at his apartment.
He is having a party on the weekend at his apartment.


6. This coffee (not / taste) good.

This coffee doesn't taste good.

7. We (see) our neighbours next weekend.

We are seeing our neighbours next weekend.

8. What (you / think) about the lease?

What do you think about the lease?


9. She (have) a nice neighbourhood.

She has a nice neighbourhood.

10. The apartment (be) unfurnished.

The apartment is unfurnished.

11. They (not / have) a dryer.
They don't have a dryer.



12. I (not / see) anything, my glasses are dirty.
I can't see anything, my glasses are dirty.



13. The waiter (taste) the wine now.
The waiter is tasting the wine now.


14. She (not / be) a tenant.

She isn't a tenant.


15. People (read) ads to find apartments all over the world.


People read ads to find apartments all over the world.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dode! You don't have to post all your homework to the blog. Share it with me and we'll look at it in class tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete